“We don’t train till we get it right. We train until we cannot get it wrong!!”
Members from Singerly Fire Company came together on the evening of 04/02/2019 to train on hose-loads and deployments. Good job everyone!!!
On Monday April 1st at around 4AM, Singerly Fire Company along with Aetna Hose, Hook & Ladder Company were dispatched for a reported tractor trailer fire. Assistant 14 Curry arrived to find a well involved trailer carrying furniture and miscellaneous home items. Additional resources were requested which brought the North East and Rising Sun Fire Companies. Crews operated on scene for approximately 3 hours. Chesapeake City Fire Company stood by units operated on scene.
**Photos courtesy of Assistant Chief Ryan, Captain Ryan and Community Fire Company of Rising Sun.
On a recent motor vehicle accident with rescue on I-95 an American Flag was found on the floor in the vehicle. Captain Brandon Ferguson and Firefighter Dave Barr retrieved the flag and properly folded it. Firefighter Adam Streets (not pictured) returned the flag to the occupant of the vehicle before being transported to a local hospital.
Photo Courtesy of Grant Demond
3 Firefighters Injured; Occupants escape unharmed
Singerly Fire Company along with Aetna, North East and Chesapeake City Fire Companies responded March 10, at 1235 pm to a structure fire in the 1700 block of Appleton Rd. Assistant 13 arrived to find a single family dwelling with heavy smoke showing and subsequently requested the first alarm tanker task force which brought West Grove Fire Company, Community Fire Company of Rising Sun and Union Fire Company of Oxford, Pa.
The residents escaped without injury prior to the arrival of the responding fire companies.
Initial interior crews encountered a well advanced fire which required vertical ventilation to assist the interior crews. During interior operations, 3 firefighters sustained minor injuries. One refused treatment on scene and the other two were transported to Christiana Hospital and were treated and released.
Units operated on scene for approximately 3 hours. The Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal determined the cause to be accidental due to cooking.